One of the Stoneware Specialty glazes which was developed to create a highly-textured raised and cracked surface. The thicker the application, the more textured the surface. Mudcrack can be directly applied to bisqueware or in combination with other mid-range glazes.
Cone 5/6 to 10.
Cone 6: Black Mudcrack is a high-texture glaze that forms a raised, cracked surface. The thicker the application, the more textured the surface will be.
Cone 10: Texture flattens; color remains black.
- For shown results, apply directly to bisqueware. Heavy application may cause unfired glaze to release from bisqueware.
- If glaze is thick in the jar, vigorous stirring and shaking will increase fluidity.
- The amount of texture and cracking that is produced with these glazes is directly a result of how thick the glaze is applied.
- A thinner application will result in a smoother surface with very fine cracks. A thicker application will result in larger cracks and more tactile texture.
- Always test prior to use.
Certified as AP Non-Toxic when used according to manufacturer's directions, but NOT Dinnerware Safe due to the durability of the fired glaze. Recommended for ornamental use only.
One Pint (16 oz.)