One of the Stoneware crystal glazes, designed to expand upon the surface with dazzling bursts of color. Fired results will vary based on ware's orientation.
Cone 5/6 to 10.
Cone 6: Celadon Bloom is a turquoise semi-transparent gloss glaze that contains white crystals.
Cone 10: Color lightens. Crystals remain.
- Turquoise (GL-16SW201) is the base glaze.
- For a lighter crystal effect, you may try applying two coats of Turquoise with a third coat of Celadon Bloom.
- Crystals will settle to the bottom of the jar and will need a good mixing prior to initial use. Re-stir between each coat.
- Avoid placing crystals near the bottom third of a vertical piece as they may cause additional movement during firing. Crystals will flow more than the base glaze.
- While the glaze is wet, use a fan brush to redistribute the crystals to achieve balanced coverage.
- Over-application or heavy deposition of the crystals can cause pinholing or running.
- When storing a crystal glaze, you may consider storing upside down to facilitate crystal dispersion on the next use.
- Always test prior to use.
One Pint (16 oz.)