This is a beautiful uniform ceramic pigment produced by compounding calcinated stains (each a different mix of oxides). Can be used alone or be combined with other stains to produce additional "blended" pigments, which allow for a wider palette range.
- Can be added to dry glaze recipes, engobes, slips, and even clay bodies.
- Preferably not used in zinc containing glazes or underglazes. They tend to turn brown in such cases.
- Mason Stains® (by Mason Color Works) are lead free, and most can withstand firing up to 2300°F, oxidation or reduction.
Please note that the color samples shown may vary from actual colors. Every effort was made to make them as accurate as possible. However, due to many factors including the percentage of stain added, these samples should only be used as a reference point.
The price listed is the maximum per pound cost at minimum quantity (less than 1/4 lb). Stains are available by the ounce, and quantity discounts will be applied when we process your order (see table below).
Ordering Less than One Pound?
- Add 1 pound of this stain to your Shopping Cart.
- Specify how much you would like to order in the "Special Shipping Request" box on your Shopping Cart page.
- Complete your web order as usual.
- We will make the necessary adjustments upon receiving your order.