Simplify and speed up the process of doing symmetrical decoration on any form!
The MKM Decorating Disk™ is a set of two (even and odd divisions) 15½ inch sturdy transparent sheets. Use the concentric circles on them to quickly center your piece. Colored radial lines indicate even divisions (2, 4, 6, 8, 10) on one sheet, and odd divisions (3, 5, 7, 9) on the second sheet.
The secret is the holes! Along the radial lines are holes that allow you to mark through the disk to the soft, leather hard, or bisqued clay below. Simply put a disk on top of (or underneath) your pot, center it using the concentric circles, and make your marks through the holes that lie along the radial lines in the sheet.
Use the disks to:
- Make square, hexagonal, or other sided plates.
- Set the initiation points for patterns in halves, 3rds, 4ths, 5ths, 6ths, 7ths, 8ths, 9ths, or 10ths.
- Make your add ons (handles, spouts, dents, etc.) or cut-outs perfectly symmetrical each time.
- Alter the rim in 3rds, 5ths, 8ths, or 10ths (etc.) around a bowl or plate.
- Set the corners for a rectangular or other shaped jar or lid.
- Do complex symmetrical spiraling.
- Measure cut outs in the foot of your pots very quickly.
- Center and make cut out lids quickly and easily.
- Set up symmetrical patterns like quilt squares, stamping and other decoration.
A smaller 4 inch model MKM-DD04 is also available. The smaller size is useful for decorating smaller items and interiors of bowls, etc.