One of the Stoneware crystal glazes, designed to expand upon the surface with dazzling bursts of color. Fired results will vary based on ware's orientation.
Cone 5/6 to 10.
Cone 6: Enchanted Forest is a dark charcoal gloss glaze that contains small yellow and medium-sized green crystals. As the crystals melt, a variety of yellow and green blooms appear.
Cone 10: Base glaze turns dark blue, yellow crystals turn white, and green crystals turn blue.
- The base glaze is Charcoal (GL-16SW209). For a lighter crystal effect, you may try applying two coats of Charcoal with a third coat of Enchanted Forest.
- Crystals will settle to the bottom of the jar and will need a good mixing prior to initial use. Re-stir between each coat.
- Avoid placing crystals near the bottom third of a vertical piece as they may cause additional movement during firing. Crystals will flow more than the base glaze.
- While the glaze is wet, use a fan brush to redistribute the crystals to achieve balanced coverage.
- Over-application or heavy deposition of the crystals can cause pinholing or running.
- When storing a crystal glaze, you may consider storing upside down to facilitate crystal dispersion on the next use.
- Always test prior to use.
One Pint (16 oz.)