Washes can be used alone or with any glaze from low fire (cone 06/05), mid-range (cone 5/6), and up to high-fire (cone 10).
Cone 5/6 (chip shown) to cone 10.
General Appearance of Manganese Wash
Cone 6: Manganese Wash fires to a warm metallic finish that breaks brown over texture.
Cone 10: No change.
- Works great when applied with a brush around the rim of a piece, or applied with a glaze trailer in a pattern.
- When used in combination, Manganese Wash will add some brown variation and movement to the glaze(s).
- We recommend only applying Manganese Wash to the top 2/3 of a piece when layering with other glazes because of the movement produced when layering.
- Manganese Wash also works great as a body stain. Applying clear glaze can lessen the appearance of staining.
- Always test prior to use.
Dinnerware Safe With Clear Glaze.
Price is per 4-ounce bottle.