Designed to mature at Cone 06/05, but can be fired at higher temperatures. Their performance at cone 6 is noted on each individual product label.
Cone 06: Masquerade is an opaque black base glaze that has red, orange, yellow, and green crystals that melt/bloom.
Cone 6: Base glaze remains – crystals fade and melt. Enhanced mobility. Surface issues may occur.
- Shake the jar well and stir frequently during application process.
- Apply 2-3 coats to cone 04 bisque with a soft fan brush. Allow to dry between coats.
- Avoid heavy application of crystals at the bottom of ware as the crystals bloom and can adhere to the kiln shelves or stilts.
- Re-distribution of crystals may be needed during the final coat.
- Test glaze on your clay body and in your kiln prior to use.
Certified A/P Non-toxic. However, Crystal glazes are NOT dinnerware safe. They are recommended for ornamental use only when applied to low fire earthenware clay bodies.
Price is per 4-ounce bottle.