Mother-Of-Pearl is a translucent luster that provides iridescence to the glazed surface. Try the Mother-Of-Pearl over any overglaze-compatible colored glaze, even black or crystal glazes, for additional interesting effects. Packaged in 1/2 ounce bottle, one bottle should be sufficient to cover 12 or so 12" tall vases or other art objects.
The appearance of Mother-Of-Pearl is determined by the glaze that the luster is applied over (on a gloss glaze, the metallic will be shiny; on a matte glaze, the metallic will be dull).
- Apply an overglaze compatible glaze to bisque.
- Fire to cone temp for that glaze.
- Do not stir or shake overglaze.
- Place a small amount of overglaze on a glazed palette:
a. For a swirled look, swirl on one coat, overlapping strokes.
b. For a smooth look, brush on all strokes in the same direction.
- Correct application should produce a light tint.
Cone 020. One half ounce.