Mother Of Pearl is a translucent luster that provides iridescence to the glazed surface. Try the Mother Of Pearl over any overglaze-compatible colored glaze, even black or crystal glazes, for additional interesting effects. Packaged in 1/2 ounce bottle, one bottle should be sufficient to cover 12 or so 12" tall vases or other art objects.
The appearance of Mother Of Pearl is determined by the glaze that the luster is applied over (on a gloss glaze, the metallic will be shiny; on a matte glaze, the metallic will be dull).
Tips for Application:
- Apply an overglaze-compatible glaze to bisque.
- Fire to cone temp for that overglaze-compatible glaze.
- Do not stir or shake Mother Of Pearl overglaze.
- Place a small amount of the Mother Of Pearl overglaze on a glazed palette:
a. For a swirled look, swirl on one coat, overlapping strokes.
b. For a smooth look, brush on all strokes in the same direction.
- Correct application should produce a light tint.
Fires to Cone 020. Sold in one-half ounce bottle.