Easily add dramatic colors and depth to your ware with these Crystal glazes! During the firing process, these dazzling glazes transform into bursts of color and intricate patterns.
Designed to mature at Cone 06/05, but can be fired at higher temperatures. Their performance at cone 6 is noted on each individual product label.
Cone 06: Peacock Green is a variegated blue base glaze with large, bright blue/green crystals that melt.
Cone 6: Base glaze changes to olive green while crystals fade and melt. Enhanced mobility. Surface issues may occur.
- Shake the jar well and stir frequently during application process.
- Apply 2-3 coats to cone 04 bisque with a soft fan brush. Allow to dry between coats.
- Avoid heavy application of crystals at the bottom of ware as the crystals bloom and can adhere to the kiln shelves or stilts.
- Re-distribution of crystals may be needed during the final coat.
- Test glaze on your clay body and in your kiln prior to use.
Certified A/P Non-toxic. However, Crystal glazes are NOT dinnerware safe. They are recommended for ornamental use only when applied to low fire earthenware clay bodies. *Peacock Green is has a health label warning due to soluble copper in the formulation.
One Pint (16 oz.)