Mayco's Washes are versatile in use and firing range. They can be used alone as a body stain or surface treatment or used over or under another glaze- ideal for image transfer techniques and line work. Will perform in firing temperatures from cone 06-cone 10.
Tips for Application:
- Shake for 5-6 seconds before use. Stir well.
- Dispense amount needed into a separate container and thin with water. Dispensing the glaze onto a palette helps prevent against contamination of the contents in the jar.
- For all-over coverage: brush on 1 to 2 coats; allow to dry in-between each coat.
- Washes are concentrated - adding water is recommended. Mix only the amount you plan to use in one session.
- Can be fired from cone 06 to cone 9/10. Washes can be applied to greenware and bisque.
- The choice of clay body, thickness of glaze application, firing process and temperature will affect the fired results. Always test in your kiln on your clay body.
Food safe; however, textural surfaces created via combinations with other glazes may not be suitable for food surfaces.
Price is per 4-ounce bottle.