Self-Supporting Cones are one of the most accurate and easiest-to-use witness cones available. They provide the same information as Orton Large Cones. Self-Supporting Cones are recommended by glaze and kiln manufacturers to achieve the best results.
Do Not Require Plaques!
- Built with the correct height (1-3/4" exposed above the base) and the 8 degree bending angle.
- Ready to use without mounting.
- Can be set on any flat surface.
- Cones are numbered from 022 to 32.
- Cone 022 deforms at the lowest temperature (1087°F).
- Cone 32 deforms at the highest temperature 3106°F (1708°C).
To determine the best maturing temperature for your ware, we recommend using three cones for firing: First one for the desired maturing temperature, 2nd one right below that temperature, and 3rd one right above it.
THIS IS CONE 01.
Twenty-five cones per box. Each cone approximately 2.5" tall.
The product image is property of Highwater Clays, Inc. Copying, sharing, and distribution of the images are not permitted. All rights reserved.