Self-Supporting Cones are one of the most accurate and easiest-to-use witness cones available. They provide the same information as Orton Large Cones. Self-Supporting Cones are recommended by glaze and kiln manufacturers to achieve the best results.
Do Not Require Plaques!
- Built with the correct height (1-3/4" exposed above the base) and the 8 degree bending angle.
- Ready to use without mounting.
- Can be set on any flat surface.
- Cones are numbered from 022 to 32.
- Cone 022 deforms at the lowest temperature (1087°F).
- Cone 32 deforms at the highest temperature 3106°F (1708°C).
To determine the best maturing temperature for your ware, we recommend using three cones for firing: First one for the desired maturing temperature, 2nd one right below that temperature, and 3rd one right above it.
THIS IS CONE 12.
Twenty-five cones per box. Each cone approximately 2.5" tall.