One of the Stoneware Specialty glazes, Flux is a flowing glaze developed for use with other stoneware glazes to enhance the movement, promote reactions and interesting effects.
Cone 5/6 to 10.
General Appearance of Light Flux
Cone 6: Light Flux is a translucent cream color when used alone.
Cone 10: The increase in temperature will cause more movement.
- Chip shown has Light Flux applied over Cinnabar.
- Apply 2-3 coats of Flux under or over another mid-range glaze to bring about “hidden colors.”
- Flux can be brushed in layers, glaze trailed, plopped with a brush, and blotted with a sponge.
- The thicker the application, the more mobility there will be.
- Always test prior to use.
Food Safe and Dinnerware Safe.
Price is per 4-ounce bottle.